Priorities and Beliefs
In alignment with the Louisiana Department of Education’s Goals and Priorities, the Red River Parish School System presents the opportunity for each individual to grow intellectually, socially, physically, morally, and spiritually. The Red River Parish School Board and its staff believe that each child is an individual of great worth and is entitled to develop to the fullest potential; that respect for self, fellow human beings, and life values is an essential part of each child’s development. Education should lead to an enthusiasm for life and a love for learning to help make it possible for each child to successfully meet the challenges they face in this rapidly changing society. The school system’s goal is to nurture students’ basic needs by striving to provide a stimulating environment that offers security, love, understanding, compassion, and respect. Within this environment, learning experiences help foster each student’s intellect, talents, and skills.
As educators, our goal is to continue studying and participating in activities that promote professional growth. The Red River Parish School System’s primary objective is to cooperate with parents, citizens, and students to solve education problems.
Ultimately, the Red River Parish School System strives to instill in students a desire to continue growing and learning throughout adulthood.
The Red River Parish School System Believes:
- Education is the key to success in life.
- Family is the key to a child’s education.
- Learning is a lifelong journey.
- All children can learn and should be challenged to reach their full potential.
- Learning is most successful in a safe structural environment.
- Quality educators, a diversified curriculum, appropriate resources, and facilities are necessary for successful learning.
- Educators, students, families, and the community must be committed to a partnership for the quality of our educational system.
- Communication and mutual respect are essential for a trusting relationship and successful collaboration.
Student learning depends on the individual accountability of the partnership.
Students will be responsible for demonstrating knowledge, self-discipline, accountability, and respect.